Introducing Apostrophe Pro
Get ready to elevate your CMS. We are thrilled to announce the launch of Apostrophe Pro, a subscription that enhances our offerings in addition to our popular open-source ApostropheCMS and powerful Apostrophe Assembly. As a company committed to delivering exceptional developer experiences, we're been inspired by our ever-growing community to create Apostrophe Pro.
Just as our CEO Alex Gilbert mentioned in Why We Are Open Source, “We believe that our commercial solutions will only be successful with continued renewal of our commitment… to the community we are a part of.” That is why we will always aim to build the highest quality product, support the healthiest possible ecosystem of developers and partners, and focus on craft and purpose to attract and retain the best talent. These are the objectives we’ve kept in mind as we rallied the team around the work of Apostrophe Pro.
Ultimately, we crafted this new platform solution just for you. Our goal is to provide the tools and support necessary for you to level up your own work. With a Pro subscription, you will have the opportunity to take your projects to new heights with the help of premium modules and advanced features.
Apostrophe Pro, Explained
Apostrophe Pro originated from the need to offer a professional tool for organizations and businesses who need more than our core ApostropheCMS modules, but were not quite in the market for a multisite configuration. With a simple upgrade to Apostrophe Pro, users can unlock the following closed source, enterprise level modules:
- Advanced Permissions - offers a higher degree of control with more granular level management of permissions for users, custom group creation, individual document level permissions, and permissions per locale.
- Document Versions - gives editors the power to easily restore previous versions of content and revert back to original content with ease. This feature enables teams to collaborate with confidence, knowing that they can always roll back to a previous version if needed, avoiding costly mistakes, improving productivity, and streamlining their workflows.
- Automated Testing Tools - tap into a vast library of pre-built, accelerated, and automated functional tests to streamline your testing process. By automating the testing process, you can reduce the time and effort required to manually test software, improve accuracy, and increase testing coverage.
- Palette Design Editor - empower your team to visually edit CSS properties of your website with ease, all from within Apostrophe. With Palette, you can easily fine-tune your website's visual design by adjusting colors, font styles, margins, and more using a simple, intuitive interface. This feature makes it easy for non-technical users to make design changes without having to write or modify CSS code manually.
- Template Library (Coming soon!) - A collection of document templates that can help you speed up your content creation process. Quickly and easily create high-quality content, without having to start from scratch, and customize them to your specific needs to maintain your brand identity and unique style.
Be sure to visit our pricing page to check out Pro’s robust features, along with the other plans we offer! We continually add to both our open and closed source capabilities, so we encourage anyone on the platform to visit our product roadmap.
Apostrophe Pro Add Ons
With an Apostrophe Pro subscription, we also offer support packages, which build a more direct relationship between your team and the Apostrophe engineers. These packages include personalized account management, along with expert assistance with expedited bug fixes, enhancements, new features, code and performance audits, module configurations and installations, and training.
Apostrophe Pro subscribers will also be the first to enjoy any new Apostrophe features, in addition to other exclusive benefits such as invitations to town hall meetings, beta testing, premium how-to content, and more.
Who Can be a Pro?
As mentioned earlier, Apostrophe Pro was built as an intermediary between ApostropheCMS and Apostrophe Assembly. If you are a hobbyist developer or a non profit looking to keep costs as low as possible, ApostropheCMS remains open source and has a variety of open source extensions that can enhance your project. See our developer documentation to get the CMS installed. If your business is booming and you need to manage multiple sites seamlessly, Apostrophe Assembly has what you need. Contact us to learn more about our volume pricing and available hosting options. If you are a small to medium sized business or a digital agency that falls under the category of a single site enterprise, then Pro is the way to go. Set up a call to learn how you can subscribe to Pro, or if you are an existing ApostropheCMS user running on Apostrophe 3, provide us with some basic information and we can help upgrade your license!
ApostropheCMS vs Pro vs Assembly
Now that we’ve introduced Apostrophe Pro, let’s dive a little deeper into the differences between Apostrophe’s plans.
The core of ApostropheCMS is open source and available to the public – it’s free and always will be. You can host ApostropheCMS on your own server and have full control over your CMS environment. It’s readily available for download via npm or GitHub without cost or commitment. Plus, you have access to a large Apostrophe community where you can partake in real-time discussions and contribute to the project. Get more out of your ApostropheCMS experience when you get involved with our community!
Apostrophe Assembly is our top level subscription, elevating the core CMS into a website builder platform that allows users to easily manage a fleet of sites from a single dashboard. Ready to scale, starting at $499 a month (includes 5 sites), Assembly enhances your projects without limitations, and it accommodates any Devops or coding requirements. Assembly comes with a powerful tool stack, including cut and paste in-context editing and localization. Additionally, Assembly allows an easy way to spin up new sites. Furthermore, agencies and SaaS companies can utilize these Assembly tools for clients and customers through white-label experiences.
It’s safe to say that Apostrophe Pro is the answer to a specific need - the need for premium features for a single site. It offers all the capabilities of ApostropheCMS along with a lot of the perks of Assembly, all for an affordable price. For only $199 a month, you can upgrade your digital experience and develop sites like a Pro.
We hope you are just as thrilled about Apostrophe Pro as we are. And we are even more excited about what’s to come. As always, we plan to keep you updated, but for now - go big, go Pro!